I’m feeling rather generous today and sharing with you my "go to" meal for company. This recipe is a family favorite in the Earl household. My husband and my 21 month-old both ask for seconds and I think it tastes even better the next day, cold, out of the fridge. It is easy to prepare - especially if you’ve cooked the chicken earlier in the week along with another meal. I usually just serve it with a good loaf of bread and maybe a glass of red wine.
- 1lb Cavatappi Pasta (I use whole wheat rotini)
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tub (6-7 ounces) basil or cilantro pesto
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers – red and yellow (drained and cut into strips)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
Cook pasta and reserve 1 cup of water. Coat chicken in olive oil; sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill on stovetop grill pan 4-5 minutes until cooked through. (I just cook it in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes or so). Cut chicken into strips. Add to pasta, pesto, peppers, tomatoes and ½ of pasta water. Mix and serve! Enjoy.