Our Hospitality team does a wonderful job of providing meals for new parents in our community. If you'd like to gift a new mom with food during the first few weeks, here are a few resources and ideas to get you started.
- Our local library has the book Parents Need to Eat Too. It shares recipe idea for busy parents to provide quick, healthy meals for their families. It is also available on Amazon.
- The Kitchn is an amazing blog full of great recipes, and their "food for new parents" search returns a lot of great ideas.
- Locally there are several options for buying a "home cooked" meal. The Fresh Market, Magnolia Foods and Montana Plains Bakery are a few of my favorites.
- Check out the recipe posts on our blog for some of our favorite recipes.
- Double Meals: Do half the work by doubling a recipe and making enough to feed your family and theirs
- Snacks, Breakfast, etc.: Who says you have to send dinner?? Muffins, fresh fruit, oatmeal, granola bars...I know all of these healthy and easy-to-grab snacks would be appreciated by any new parent.
- Favorite recipes: I find that the best type of dinners to take are soups, casseroles, or a meal kit (think: taco box, pasta box, etc.). Each of these comes together fairly easily, freezes well and transports smoothly.
- Gift Cards: Grab a gift card from your favorite take-out or delivery spot. Or, send a grocery store gift card (Relay Foods and other delivery services are especially convenient). You could go in with a group of friends to with this idea, too.
If you would like the opportunity to prepare meals for new parents, join The Motherhood Collective meal team! Email our Hospitality Coordinator for more information and to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Motherhood Collective!