I am not even a "smoothie person".
I am a "I want to try my hardest to stay healthy this winter" person.
This is incredible. Absolutely incredible.
Cranberry Ginger Smoothie
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 of an orange
- 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger- grated
- 1 frozen banana- if your banana isn't frozen, just add 1 cup of ice
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup kefir. If you don't have kefir, you can use coconut milk or yogurt.
- Chuck everything in your high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If the pulp from the orange bothers you go ahead and run the smoothie through a strainer. I leave it in.
If you want to find out why this smoothie is so good for you, visit: http://ahappyhealthnut.com/2013/11/08/cranberry-ginger-smoothie/