Our family has been on a grain free journey and sadly the ONE thing I had not been able to create without good-ole-fashioned FLOUR was a solid chocolate chip cookie. Until now. These cookies from Amee's Savory Dish were incredibly simple to throw together (even toddler helper friendly). And the taste is incredible. Incredible. They are not chalky, since there is no flour substitute at all, just the nut butter and shredded coconut working magic.
Make them. You will thank me. Well, maybe not after you have eaten all two dozen...
- 1 cup almond butter (love Barney Butter smooth!)
- 1/3 cup honey (can sub real maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. almond extract (or can use all vanilla extract) - (Lauren note: I would use all vanilla next time)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (*only add the salt if you are using unsalted almond butter)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)